Forex day trading is one of the most profitable ways to make money on the forex market. By doing so, you can take advantage of small price movements in the market, as well as trade more frequently than you would if you held your positions for a longer period of time. However, as you know, Forex day trading is a high-risk activity. You need to be prepared for both the ups and the downs if you are considering becoming a day trader. Read on for an inside look at the life of a successful day trader.
The volume, volatility, and sheer action in the Forex trading market have been insane ever since the Covid outbreak. Working from home has given many people greater flexibility in their schedules, giving them more time to do what they love and learn how to day trade. If you are among the thousands of traders looking to grab the bull by the horns and earn a living, Forex day trading could be an ideal career path for you.
What is Forex Day Trading?
Forex day trading is a popular trading approach that involves buying and selling Forex currency pairs within the same trading day. It is typically a short-term trading strategy in which traders execute a number of trades each day and close them at the end of the day without holding positions overnight.
Forex day trading necessitates a high level of attention so that a trader can make huge profits out of price fluctuations happening in a short amount of time. Forex day trading is more popular among retail traders since it involves highly liquid and volatile currency pairs. Forex day trading suits the best for traders with ample time on their hands to track, execute, analyze, and track their trades throughout the day.
Is Forex day trading like gambling?
In gambling, you stake your money in the hope that you will win. You don’t know how that is going to work out and who will win. Gambling is based on unrealistic hopes and you have more chance for the airplane to hit you. Forex day trading is more like playing a casino if you have poor risk management or if you size your trades higher than what you can afford, you are gambling.
Success in Forex day trading is fully based on knowledge, research, training, and experience. To be a successful trader, you can’t think like a gambler. Forex day trading is a serious business. Traders invest a lot of time and effort before they become consistently profitable.
Can You Make a Living from Forex Day Trading?
It is a common question for any aspiring retail trader who wants to get their shoes in Forex day trading. The short answer is yes. You can find numerous individuals on online Forums, YouTube and Influencers that are actively involved in Forex day trading.
However, much like any worthwhile endeavour, Forex day trading doesn’t come easy. If it were true, many day traders would be millionaires, and nobody would need a regular job. Talk to any successful person involved in Forex day trading, and you’ll probably find out that they’re just an ordinary person like you and me. But what separates them from the rest of us is that they spend an enormous amount of work, energy, money, and time to achieve their goals.
Most beginners and young investors willing to succeed in Forex day trading are unlikely to invest their time, effort and knowledge while trading for a living, and that’s the primary reason why more than 80% of Forex traders fail in the process. One thing in Forex day trading is for sure: It’s always harder than you think.
A successful Forex day trading venture begins with proper Forex education, and this can be achieved by taking an online Forex course, getting involved in forum activities or following successful traders.
Benefits & Risks of Forex Day Trading
In recent years, many traders have turned to Forex day trading as a starting point for their trading career, which is indeed a great way to learn trading by having an instant reaction from the market. However, you should be aware that there is no such thing as “easy money”. Below are the potential benefits and risks of Forex day trading.
Potential Benefits of Day Trading:
- You can be your own boss — If you dislike working for someone else and want to be your own boss, Forex day trading is an option for you.
- Financial independence — Day trading can be a good way to earn additional income for dedicated, savvy traders. With good knowledge of the Forex market and its strategies, taking the right moves at the right time with informed decisions, you might become very wealthy.
- A flexible schedule — It’s not everyone’s favourite thing to commute to work. Trading can be done virtually anywhere, which can be a tremendous advantage for a modern-day lifestyle.
- The thrill of the chase — Sadly, most people do not enjoy their jobs. As you improve at Forex day trading, your life will become more exciting and can be a worthwhile adventure.
- Useful skill — Since Forex day trading is a part of your daily routine, it will give you a boost to be more focused, psychologically stable, and capable of making better decisions.
Risks involved in Forex Day Trading:
- Possibility of losing money — As you know, Forex day trading is a risky adventure and when someone gambles with it, they have a higher chance of going into bankruptcy. Being well educated and staying up to date with economic developments is thus important in order to succeed.
- Hefty time investment — Many beginners and part-time traders believe that Forex day trading is an easy way to make money and spend less time studying. The truth is, if you are serious about day trading, you will have to spend a lot of time studying. You will probably have to sacrifice other things in your life to do so.
- It’s HARD — If you choose forex day trading as your trading style, you have to be prepared since It’s going to be a long road with many lessons learned and failures. To succeed, you have to be passionate about it.
- It can be an emotional rollercoaster — You’ll experience many highs and lows as you strive to achieve success in Forex day trading. You have to get in the habit of managing your emotions well in order to avoid making bad decisions.
- Inconsistent salary – You will experience vast fluctuations in your earnings. One day you may earn $3,000 and the next day you may get $2,000. Your earnings won’t be steady. On top of that, you won’t get paid if you take the day off work.
Forex traders who make a living from trading have developed over time and increased their accounts to a level that will sustain their income. If you want to make Forex day trading a full-time career, start with a reasonable capital amount, keep up with market updates, plan a schedule that won’t overwhelm you, and take responsibility for your decisions.
How much capital is required to start Forex day trading?
Forex trading is the most accessible financial market for many individuals who day trade since the initial investment is relatively modest. There is no ideal capital to get started with Forex day trading since it is very individualistic and differs from one type of trader to another.
If you want to start your Forex day trading right away, you can begin with a $100 trading capital, which will allow you to earn a reasonable amount of income for the time you spend trading. Thanks to the leverage, traders can efficiently start Forex day trading on a small capital.
By using a leverage of 1:100 for instance, every $1 you invest is worth $100, and with your $1000 margin, you can open $100,000 lots. For example, if the EUR/USD rate moves up 100 pips from 1.1100 to 1.1200 and you had invested $1000, you would have made $10 on that trade. But, with leverage, your $10 profit will be magnified to $1000 instead.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on How to Trade Forex with $100 in your account.
Keeping your starting capital in line with your goals should be your first step. Aside from your trading style, your broker’s minimum deposit requirement, your level of experience, and your level of risk exposure are other factors to consider. Nonetheless, you should never risk more than what you can afford to lose.
Aximtrade enables traders with providing a set of forex accounts. The first step for trading is to open forex account which can start with as low as $1 deposit. Therefore, it is considered a good start with low risk to start your trading journey.
Forex Day Trading for a Living: 6 Ways to do it smart
Forex day trading is an exciting way for those who are prepared to take on risks and give themselves a chance to win. Forex Day trading involves buying and selling currency pairs that one believes will rise during their chosen timeframe. In any case, be careful not to overextend yourself; losing money can result in more than just financial ruin. Here are some tips for day trade Forex wisely.
1. Choose an effective Forex day trading strategy
It is crucial for Forex day traders to become familiar with different trading strategies. Most forex trading strategies involve either technical analysis or fundamental analysis, or a combination of both. This analysis helps day traders decide when to buy and sell currencies. We’ve listed three of the best Forex day trading strategies you can use to achieve success.
- Trend Analysis: Trend Analysis can be used to determine the exact moment to buy and sell when prices go up and down respectively. This is done by identifying long-term trends from longer-term charts. As soon as the overall trend is identified, short-term trends will follow in the same direction. You will find a wide range of technical indicators and charting tools on AximTrade to help you determine price trends.
- Trading the News: This concept involves buying when good news is announced or selling when bad news is announced. To stay on top of the game in Forex day trading, traders must stay up-to-date on the latest trading news releases in the short term and plan ahead for potential trading decisions in advance. Economic indicators such as central bank announcements, interest rate changes, and other data releases can make a significant impact on currency exchange rates.
- Counter Trend Trading: This is an advanced trading style that is best suited for experienced traders. In order to execute this strategy successfully, you must not only predict the end of the current trend but also recognize when it will change. Countertrend trading requires a deep understanding of price action and technical analysis.
2. Know your Forex trading costs
It’s crucial to consider your Forex trading costs when you are involved in Forex day trading. Although Forex day trading offers lower trading costs than scalping, a lack of a well-defined trading plan can quickly pile up trading expenses.
Similarly to other trading styles, spreads and brokerage commissions form the main part of Forex day trading costs. Do not fall into the trap of looking for brokers with the lowest costs, as a broker’s overall performance is what makes them good. Furthermore, remember that a Forex broker can offer zero spreads to attract clients, but their commissions generally outweigh the savings from low spreads. You should therefore check the trading costs before investing your funds with a broker.
3. Have a set morning routine
Preparation is the single most important factor that determines whether you will become successful in Forex day trading or not. Day traders who are successful do not wake up, open their charts, and start trading immediately. A successful day trader is someone who wakes up each day, spends a few hours looking at the news, looks for the major economic events of the day, and then starts trading accordingly. Following a good morning routine is beneficial to a trader in many ways, which include:
- It will help you become more organized. This means that you will always start your day knowing what you want to accomplish.
- Maintaining a routine will enable you to cope with the constant changes in the market.
- Trading the news also helps you know which currency pairs you should trade during the day.
The simple rule in Forex day trading is that you must always have a trading plan ready and execute it correctly. With proper preparation and time management, you can start seeing impressive returns on your trades in a very short time.
4. Formulate a neat trading plan of action
When taking part in active Forex day trading, it is important to have a trading strategy to prevent losses. A successful Forex trading plan should include a proper enter and exit strategy, financial management, and managing other aspects of the trades.
Day traders can use a demo account or a cent account before placing much money on trade to evaluate their plans. The practice of backtesting is a way for traders to apply an approach to historical trading data for evaluating the viability of a trading strategy. By using today’s forex trading technologies, traders can analyze a trading strategy’s practicability before implementing it on the market.
5. Importance of Risk Management & Trading Psychology
How you manage risk is essential if you want to be successful in Forex day trading as a profession. As Larry Hite stated, “Throughout my financial career, I have continually witnessed examples of other people that I have known being ruined by a failure to respect risk. If you don’t take a hard look at risk, it will take you.”
Stop-loss and take-profit orders are essential parts of any trading strategy. Planning ahead allows you to prevent heightened emotions from influencing your decisions.
It is important that you strive for consistent and stable profits when you trade – but these are by no means guaranteed – and you must remain disciplined at all times. As Victor Sperandeo said, “The key to success is emotional discipline. If intelligence were the key, there would be a lot more people making money trading.”
It takes practice, a lot of mistakes, and then even more mistakes to keep your emotions in check. Many traders benefit from focusing their attention on trade instead of money. As experienced trader Alexander Elder says, “The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary.”
6. Let the Forex market educate you
Trading forex full-time for a living entails a continuous learning process for Forex traders. To learn the intricacies of the market, you need to learn every day. Forex experts recommend traders conduct rigorous and extensive market research in order to understand the importance of different economic reports.
Since the market environment is very volatile and dynamic in nature, a trader needs a solid understanding of the past and present market conditions to reap big forex trading profits in the future.
You need to utilize a wide range of resources if you want to be successful at Forex day trading. Among the best resources out there are forums, courses, tutorial videos, podcasts and blogs. But make sure the resources are provided by an accredited provider. Read the AximTrade review to discover the benefits of trading with a reputable broker.
Advantages of Copy Trading for Day Traders
Copy trade is becoming increasingly popular as it allows traders with minimal experience to grow forex account balances more quickly. Copy trade enables Forex day traders to copy the strategies of successful professionals and helps them utilise their expertise to generate profits. Those who want to increase their capital but lack the time or experience to do so by themselves just need to open a Forex account to reap the benefits of this trading method.
You should, however, follow an expert trader before copying their trading positions. An important aspect is finding a trader with strategies and plans that are compatible with your own trading approach. If you don’t want to copy trades on your own, you can use a copy trading platform that allows you to select a specific trading activity to mimic. Here are the best 6 reasons why Copy Trade is a Perfect Start for Beginners.
How to start Forex Day trading?
Getting Forex day trading is like entering a battle – you have to be prepared and ready if you want to win. As Sun Tzu said, “Every battle is won or lost before it is ever fought.” If you feel ready and are keen to start your Forex day trading journey, follow the quickfire steps outlined below.
- Here are the simple steps to open forex trading account with a reliable Forex broker. It is up to you whether to start with a real trading account or practice risk-free with virtual funds on our demo account.
- What your trading account, capital, and strategy are, it is important to study the forex market and become familiar with fundamental analysis basics.
- Improve your understanding of technical analysis by studying the price chart and technical indicators.
- Follow a strict risk management plan to safeguard your capital.
AximTrade provides a variety of trading options tailored to each individual in the Forex market. Traders using AximTrade have the freedom to choose between multiple account types based on their trading strategy, experience, and capital designed for investment. The account types include a Standard account, CENT account, ECN account, Infinite Leverage account, and a Demo account.
Forex traders can take advantage of one of the best leverage levels in the Forex market when they open a Forex account with AximTrade. The leverage levels range from 1:1000, 1:2000, 1:3000, and up to Infinite leverage. Investors can also enjoy a competitive forex bonus on all account types with a minimum deposit starting from $1.