Starting a Forex IB business can significantly impact your financial well-being as well as the livelihood of those you influence. Smart individuals who want to earn an alternate source of income know there’s always one way of taking things to the next level. If you’re an expert in offering value-added services to your buddy network, a Forex IB role can be a great fit for you!
As the name implies, a Forex Introducing Broker, or a Forex IB in brief, functions as an independent broker-dealer whose primary function is to introduce new clients to a brokerage firm and thereby gain rewards. Introducing brokers contributes to the success of Forex brokers and their ability to remain competitive in a rapidly growing financial industry. Below are the top 5 factors to consider before launching your Forex IB business.
Who Is an Introducing Broker (IB) in Forex trading?
A Forex IB is basically a business partner who works with the Forex brokerage firm to bring in new clients to the brokerage platform. A Forex IB can either be an individual client or a team of financial professionals who bridge the gap between brokerage firms and aspiring forex traders. An IB typically provides their clients with services such as trading consultations, market education, and trading signals.
The concept of 'Introducing Brokers' was initially established in the Commodities and Futures market and has grown significantly in popularity in the Spot Forex market, the volume of which has soared in recent years.
A Forex IB (Introducing broker) is usually compensated by the brokerage firm in the form of Forex rebates in exchange for their services. In simple terms, Forex rebates are credits or cashback offered by brokerage firms to their merchants and customers as a reward for completing an exchange. In general, the more customers a Forex IB brings to a brokerage, the more transactions their clients execute, and the more profit the IB makes.
What does the Forex IB program mean?
A Forex IB program allows anyone to make some kind of profit on the Forex market. There is no need to study currency analysis or trade currency pairs in order to make a profit. This particular Forex IB operating model allows you to make money by merely running a Forex-related site, forum, or educational centre.
It is a win-win situation for the brokerage firm and the IB to team up. The brokerage firms gain customers who open accounts and trade on their platform. Meanwhile, an introducing broker earns a commission for every trade their clients execute. If you aren’t participating in the Forex IB Business yet, it’s time to take advantage of this lucrative revenue stream to bring in some extra earnings.
Here’s a checklist to evaluate the reliability of the Forex broker before you team up!
5 Things to Consider Before You Start a Forex IB Business
Anyone can become a Forex IB in the ever-growing retail Forex market. However, becoming a successful Forex IB is not as simple as some lead you to believe. Being a Forex IB can be a great way to earn a living, but it can be overwhelming for beginners with little to no experience. Keep these things in mind to ensure you get the most out of this.
1. Make Sure You Partner with a Regulated Forex Broker
For IBs to achieve profitable growth, it is essential to partner with a reputable Forex broker who complies with regulatory guidelines. If not, they risk losing their profitability, clients, and ultimately their reputation.
The term regulated forex broker indicates that the broker’s financial activities are monitored and supervised by financial regulators, whose role is to prevent fraudulent activities and significant risks in forex trading. A regulated Forex broker ensures that the client’s privacy is protected and the disclosures of financial information are accurate.
IB partnerships with regulated brokerage firms have allowed many individuals and businesses to become stronger players in the Forex market, assuring them more confidence in expanding their IB business. Check out this AximTrade review to find out how AximTrade sets itself apart as the most regulated forex broker.
2. Learn about the types of Rebates a Forex Broker Offer
A Forex IB typically makes money by referring clients to the brokerage firm they are partnered with. The Introducing Broker agreement outlines a commission amount that the IB receives when the referred client executes a trade.
The following are the four major types of commissions an introducing broker typically receives from Forex brokers:
- Spread share – A commission based on the volume of trade
- PNL Share – A commission based on profits generated from introduced traders.
- CPA – A fixed payout when referring a qualified customer.
- Sub IB – A partner referral reward or bonus.
Some Forex brokers also offer their IBs with Rebates as a means of compensating them. Forex Rebates represent a percentage of the commission that an IB earns when a referral is made. Over time, the more active clients an IB refer to, the higher the rebates they will earn. This ensures that your Forex IB business will never run out of profit as the rebates can add up to a substantial amount over time.
3. Find out what communication channels a Forex IB can use
The internet provides businesses with a wide range of possibilities to advertise online. A website can act as a landing page for a Forex IB. They can provide content related to trading, including tips, tricks, and information about trading. Those clients could then be used to build a mailing list.
Social media is also a great way to reach potential clients. The seemingly never-ending growth of social media has presented Forex Introducing Brokers with a wealth of possibilities. It is easier than ever before for IBs to advertise their services and gain clients. In the past, IBs had to rely on their websites and massive email lists to build a solid client base. Social media, however, has revolutionized the way content can be shared. For IBs, this will ultimately be the key to their success.
Aside from groups and pages on SM platforms that are able to catch a trader’s eye, WhatsApp, Telegram, WeChat and Forums sites are also powerful tools for attracting potential clients. Forex forum sites are also an effective platform to attract potential clients, as many new traders visit trading forums to learn and get answers to their questions.
4. Identify who are the ideal clients for a Forex IB
It is of course true that all clients generated by an IB are beneficial, but some clients are more valuable than others. They are advanced traders. It can be much more rewarding to convert experienced traders into active clients than to attract new or inexperienced ones.
A trader who has been active in the market for at least one year is considered an advanced trader. These traders have typically lost money initially, modified their strategies, and become more proficient. Advanced traders tend to have higher levels of capital and a more consistent trading style, so they offer the prospect of a much longer relationship than new traders.
Newbie traders are more likely to start with much smaller deposits and be frustrated with the losses they are likely to endure during the learning process. Moreover, advanced traders typically have more contacts, including other advanced traders. Thus, the more advanced traders you convert into clients, the more profitable relationships you will be able to build and ultimately, the more clients you will have to interact with.
5. Know how to Retain Active Clients
The work is not complete once you’ve converted interested parties into customers. Remember that you will be paid for each lot traded by an active client. So, once you’ve converted a client and they’ve deposited and started trading, it’s in IB’s best interest to keep them trading as long as possible. As we discussed earlier, advanced traders are typically better active clients, since they will have a long trading career.
A Forex IB can also assist in keeping clients active for a long time. It is a great way to assist clients and keep them active by providing insightful, actionable trading analyses. Whether it’s weekly or daily trade ideas, Skype calls, or webinars, offering traders constant support is the best way to keep them interested. It is vital for Forex IB to maintain a good, professional relationship with their clients.
How to Become an Introducing Broker (IB) in Forex?
Becoming a Forex IB does not necessarily require you to spend millions of dollars on licensing, deposits, and other associated fees. The forex IB program is suitable for anyone interested in finance and has the ability to convince traders of its benefits. Remember that the professional traders of today were beginner demo leads a few years ago, and some of the established forex brokers of today were nothing more than simple networkers and IBs in the past.
In order to become an Introducing Broker (IB) in the Forex market, you have to open a Forex account first with the brokerage firm you’re partnering with and then start referring clients. Here’s a video demonstration of how to get your Partner Referral Link with AximTrade.
Having a strong online presence is also advantageous to becoming a Forex IB, for example, owning a popular website, Instagram page or YouTube channel. You will have a good chance at success as a Forex IB if you have a credible public profile such as an independent financial consultant, a successful trader, or any type of sales manager. Having relevant professional qualifications can also be beneficial.
Check out these 5 Top Tips to Become a Successful Introducing Broker in the Forex market.
Business plan for a Forex IB
It is possible for anyone to become an Introducing Broker. However, in order to succeed in the field, one must be organized, and as with any business, a business plan is essential. The business plan should essentially outline in detail how you will grow your business from the very first day as an IB to when you achieve certain goals, such as earning a certain commission payment each month, working with a certain number of active clients, etc.
Think about the following areas when putting together your business plan:
- Developing Forex awareness and interest.
- Converting Forex interest into active clients.
- Retaining active Forex clients.
Consistently creating and delivering high-quality materials that are beneficial to each trader is the better business strategy and will keep clients on board for much longer.
Tips On How You Can Succeed With A Forex IB Business
The road to becoming a successful Forex IB and staying with a winning streak in the financial market is not as easy as it seems. You have to put in a lot of effort and gain a lot of experience. Here are a few tips to keep in mind.
- As with any other type of broker, a Forex IB (Introducing Broker) earns revenue based on a commission received from their clients. As a Forex IB, you should not try to trick people, but rather act as an advisor. You make money from commissions, whereas your clients make money from their trades. Both have to perform well to make the balance.
- It is possible that some unethical Forex brokers will appear to award you in the initial days for your contributions, but as time goes on, they start minimizing your profits and regardless of the good client numbers or potential leads you get them, you won’t be rewarded fairly. Thus, partnering with a regulated Forex broker is important to maintain a healthy relationship as well as keep your profits.
- It is imperative to make your business partnerships with a Forex broker you are comfortable with and with whom you feel a business deal makes sense. Make sure that you are aware of what the brokerage firm is doing through regular updates and ensure that you are involved with its operations.
- As a Forex IB, it is your responsibility to stay on top of the markets, see what is happening on the economic calendar, and stay informed about what is going on. You might be asked questions about what is the right course of action to take in the markets, and you should always be prepared to answer them.
- Keep in mind that your network is more than just a number or a bank account; they are individuals who join your program because you can contribute value to their trading journey. Sharing your own trading experience or giving them access to more potential traders is your part of adding value. You can also guide them to webinars and workshops that will help them become better traders and prevent them from losing money.
- It is not wise to guarantee or promise profits, but you can make sure you are readily available when they need you regarding information. The forex market is unpredictable and extremely volatile. As a mentor, it is your responsibility to ensure that your followers know this so that they can have a hassle-free experience and avoid making blind calls.
You should always reach out to a broker with years of experience to ensure you get the outcome you deserve and not what they want you to have. Give your network the respect it deserves and always choose the best broker to partner with. It is the key to becoming a successful Forex IB.
The Benefits of Working with A Reputable Forex Broker
The broker you work with ultimately determines how good you are as an IB. No matter how accurate your trading analysis and signals or how attentive and considerate your customer service is, any trader who receives poor service from your designated broker will ultimately close their account. Your reputation will suffer as well when you partner up with mediocre forex brokers.
The following are some benefits of becoming an IB with AximTrade:
- Competitive Commissions: Benefit from the most competitive commission structure in the Forex market. Our commission rate increases as your business grow.
- Flexible Withdrawal Options: AximTrade allows you to withdraw your earnings using the withdrawal method of your choice.
- Partner up with a trusted broker: Work with a multi-award winning, regulated broker with a presence across 12 active locations.
- AximTrade Regulation: AximTrade Regulations guarantee accountability and transparency that protects the interests of our traders.
- AximTrade Recognition: AximTrade won four Global Forex Awards 2021 Regional Awards for its innovations, including The Global Forex Newcomer of the Year, Best Forex IB Programme Africa, Best Forex IB Programme Asia, and Best Forex Trading Platform Asia.
When it comes to converting prospective customers into active clients, you’ll be much more likely to succeed if you only work with reputable brokers. You’ll also be better able to retain active clients if you only work with reputable brokers. Brokers with a solid reputation, transparent regulatory standing, and positive reviews will encourage traders to use your services and make running your IB business much more convenient.
Maximize your revenue as an Introducing Broker with AximTrade
AximTrade is a globally competitive forex broker that guarantees premium services and has won the trust and satisfaction of more than 300,000 clients worldwide. The highest level of client financial security, Fast & Convenient payment options, exclusive Forex Bonuses and 24/7 Customer support in local languages are some of the ways AximTrade exceeds the expectations of its clients.
Our Introducing Broker program rewards every individual and business who refer new traders to our award-winning forex trading platform. Our Forex IB program is the simplest and most straightforward type of partnership. Signing up is easy, you don’t have to pay any upfront investment, and there is no integration needed. Contact us for details on how to become a Forex Introducing Broker and start earning commissions right away when your clients execute a trade by using AximTrade.